The 3.45 Drill is a test of high level performance with a pistol. It’s shot on a target consisting of three 3” circles. The drill consists of four strings of fire shot at 5 yards. All four strings are shot from the holster with a 3.45 second par time. If drawing from concealment or a level three security holster an additional .25 of a second is allowed per draw. If reloading from concealment or retention top magazine pouches, an additional .25 of a second is allowed for the reload.
In order to pass the drill, all four strings must be shot back to back in this order:
A successful run on the drill results in 5 hits per circle. Line breaks are acceptable as long as the grease ring touches the line. The drill must be shot in my presence to receive the 3.45 Skill Card Patch.
See the video below for an explanation and demonstration of the drill.
This video shows a clean run from concealment
Here is a detailed video breakdown of important points to focus on to help you pass the challenge.
The target can be downloaded for practice by clicking on the picture of it below.
Skill Card Patch Holders:
00. Matthew Little 02APR21 @greybeard_actual
01. Tim Herron 10JUN21 @timherronshooting
02. Robert Vogel 23JUN21 @robert.g.vogel
03. Riley Bowman 24JUN21 @rileyconcealedcarry
04. Angela Little 02JUL21 @vixen_actual
05. Chris Long 28SEP21 @cannon762
06. Jarred Howell 29SEP21 @sithshooter
07. Rowdy Bricco 24NOV21 @rrrrowdy
08. Matt Pranka 08MAY22 @xray.alpha.llc
09. Luther Eta 06SEP22 @imda.pappy
10. Eric Kamps 14NOV22 @eric88171
11. Isaac Lockwood 24NOV22 @shooting_training_competing
12. Brett Thomas 31JAN23 @brett_thomas1517
13. Antonio Lovato 15APR23
14. David Howard 16JUN23
15. Duncan Gill 16JUN23
16. Matt Rakestraw 30JUN23 @gunpowderandpaper